Hello Yoga North Community,
We’d like to use this space to keep you updated with how our dear Molly McManus is doing in recovering from her serious illness and ways that you can be supportive.
THANK YOU to Lynda Parella and Ann Maxwell for taking over the teaching of Molly’s classes while she is out!
We will keep posting UPDATES in this blog space as we receive them from Molly and her husband, Jason.
Molly is at home in recovery from her illness last month with the support of family, friends, and the Yoga North community.
She is happy to report that her lung function is doing better; her next task is getting strength back and understanding some of the mystery around the mysterious illness, still an unclear diagnosis.
Molly is working with a team at St Luke’s and now enlisting the Pulmonology department at the Mayo Clinic to get a clear diagnosis and path of healing.
Molly says, “Although on the path to recovery, how the path looks, and when the path ends are not clear. I will keep you posted as we know more.
Using the tools of yoga and SomaYoga for body mind and spirit. In great appreciation for all the ways, people are sending love and support.”
Timeline: Spring—June 8, 2020:
- Molly had a persistent cough for several months this spring
- Molly’s cough worsened in early May and coughing night after night meant that she could not rest well and she was getting more exhausted
- On Saturday, May 30th, Molly was brought to St Luke’s emergency room suffering with lack of breath. She was admitted and, after a short time, sent to ICU where the team saved Molly’s life by intubating her and making other critical life saving measures
- Molly spent 5 days in ICU, with many tests and samples to finally determine a diagnosis of eosinophilic pneumonia and sarcoidosis
- She had two Covid-19 tests which both came back negative.
- Molly was transferred to the Pulmonary Rehabilitation unit in June
- Molly came home from hospital Monday June 8th and will be unable to return to work for 8–12 weeks
- Molly is making progress toward her goals of healing, which could be a long process
Many people have asked, “How can I help?” Here are some ways to help Molly reduce her stress so she can focus on healing. Ways you can be supportive:
- Post a note to Molly here in the blog response space and send her warm healing energies into the universe!
- Send a card to Yoga North, 4628 Pitt St, Duluth, MN 55804, and we’ll make sure Molly gets the cards in a timely way
- Send Molly a Whole Foods gift card to help with nourishment in her road to recovery (mail to Yoga North and we will send to Molly right away)
- If you’d like to make a meal for Molly and Jason in the upcoming months of recovery at home, email Cindy Spillers: email@example.com to coordinate what day to bring your nourishing food to them. Molly’s dietary needs are gluten-free, no cheese or milk (butter is ok)
Thank you to our community for the support during this time.
A Message from Molly | June 8, 2020
“THANK YOU to all of you who prayed, sent wishes, did incredible healing practices on my behalf. I know that the work you did was part of my life saving as well.
I also want to say that I have been with the world in its suffering and my hope is we have the might now to change our lives to live in love…”
Dear Molly, I send you lots of healing love and energy. May you take this time to honor the special person you are. You have many gifts to share but now is the time for you to focus those gifts on your healing! May your recovery be quick! Light and Love. Marnie
My thoughts and prayers are with you Molly! I am so grateful for the amazing care that you have received along your journey! Your story hits close to home with my Husband becoming very ill with Sarcoidosis 3 years ago. Sending you love and light in the minutes, hours and days ahead!
Teacher! U got me through some tough times. Now it’s my turn to help you. Get better soon. U are in my prayers. Trent Wickman
I know we haven’t met in person, but David and I are sending our healing energy, light and love to you as you recover from your illness. We are so glad that you are recovering, and our wishes are for a return of full strength, and complete health as you move forward! Know that you are not alone – we are all in this together!
– Darci and David
So happy to hear that you are home from the hospital and so sorry you had to go through this illness. Sending healing energy and wishes for a smooth recovery.
Om dear Molly – I have just been made aware of your remarkable journey with your health – my prayers are definitely with you for a complete healing – body, mind, soul. So many I know are, at this time, being given the opportunity to dig down and pull that deeply rooted karma out so that they may fulfill their vow for this lifetime. I know you will get past this, and when you do, watch out universe!! There will be no stopping you – you are such a delightful and passionate person/teacher – we are all blessed to walk the earth with you! Many prayers. Om Shreem Om, Abhaya