200+ Hour Therapeutic Focus Yoga Teacher Training
Enroll to deepen your practice, deepen your learning, or become a skilled and nationally certified yoga instructor
At Yoga North International SomaYoga Institute we support a systematic approach to your yoga practice in body, mind and spirit. Our innovative curriculum and pairing of the neuromuscular re-education discipline of Somatics with the ancient wisdom of yoga is a unique blend that brings profound results with less effort in advancing even the seasoned yogi’s practice. Our goal as faculty is to provide:
- thorough knowledge of postures and a comfort level in teaching and assisting postures in others
- comprehensive knowledge of yogic philosophy and ability to relate this understanding to life
- opportunities for each student to leave with a much deeper understanding of themselves
Type of Study
Our 200+ Hour Therapeutic Focus Program has a focus in Somatics, Therapeutic and Classic Hatha Yoga at the 200 hour level. Completion of this program results in 200 hours that can be submitted to Yoga Alliance for Yoga Alliance certification.
Yoga North ISYI 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Begins October 4, 2019
Accepting Applications. Limited Space Available.
Our location for training rotates between Duluth and St. Paul every other year to accommodate students interested in traveling from other locations. Both Minnesota locations are close to International airports and on direct travel routes.
The Essential Program has a focus in Somatics, Therapeutic and Classic Hatha Yoga at the 200 hour level. Completion of this program results in 200 hours that can be submitted to Yoga Alliance for Yoga Alliance certification.
Our Fall 2019–2020 Essentials Program begins October 4, 2019 and will be held at Yoga North ISYI—our Duluth, Minnesota location.
Our Spring 2020 Essentials Program begins March 20, 2020 and will be held at Tula Yoga and Wellness—our St. Paul, Minnesota location.
We share the ancient yogic science, which provides tools and guidance to adjust your life to the true essence and evolution of your soul, allowing you the opportunity to “find your true north”. Our philosophy and teacher training is in the Himalayan Tradition. The Himalayan Tradition is rich in the teachings of the 8-fold Ashtanga path, encouraging personal and social awakening and transformation. All classes at Yoga North are offered in support of the awakening and transformation of each student.
What is SomaYoga Therapy
SomaYoga is a unique blending of work that includes:
- Traditional Yogic Philosophy from the Himalayan Tradition
- Traditional Yogic Meditation and Training of the Mind
- Modern Systems Theory Practice and Personal Development
- Ayurveda—Yoga’s sister science
- Traditional Pranayama—working with the breath
- Classic Asana, Traditional Therapeutic Yoga and the Neuromuscular Re-Education of Somatics
200+ Hour Yoga Teacher Training Course Topics
Our 200+ Hour Therapeutic Focus Program curriculum includes:
- Therapeutic Yoga
- SomaYoga approach to Hatha Postures
- Hatha Leveling: Beginner, Level I and Level II
- Sequencing of Postures
- Props, Postures and Adjustments
- Student Variance
- Core Health
- Introduction to Inversions
- Restorative Yoga
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Exploring Edges
- Teacher Resources
- Structuring a Class
- Supporting a Home Practice
- The Teacher-Student Relationship
- Breath & Bandhas
- Yamas & Niyamas: Life’s Guidelines
- Ashtanga: The 8-fold Path
- The Chakra System & Nadis
- Koshas: Veils of Illusion
- Kleshas: Veils of Ignorance
- The Himalayan Tradition
- Foundations of Ayurveda and Samkhya
- Dinacharya—Nourishing and Cleansing
Essential Program Hours
200+ Hour Therapeutic Focus Program Hours
Home Study: 48
Student Practicum: 10
Total Hours: 240
Home study includes daily practice, reading assignments, practicum work, listening to podcasts, communication and answering directed questions on e-campus, participation in conference calls, and journaling about personal experience. Students will be given focused homework on yoga topics as part of the program. Under the guidance of staff, students will participate in a 10 hour practicum.
The yoga therapy components of our certification programs and courses are based on our accreditation through the International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT), not derived from our status as an RYS® with Yoga Alliance Registry.
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
2019 Fall Start: Duluth, MN Studio
October 4–6, 2019
November 1–3, 2019
November 29–Dec 1, 2019
January 3–5, 2020
February 7–9, 2020
March 6–8, 2020
April 3–5, 2020
Cost $3200 (plus $50 application fee)
SAVE $200—early enroll by August 2, 2019!
2020 Spring Start: St Paul, MN Studio
March 20–22, 2020
April 17-19, 2020
May 22–24, 2020
June 19–21, 2020
July 17–19, 2020
August 14–16, 2020
September 18–20, 2020
Cost $3200 (plus $50 application fee)
SAVE $200—early enroll by January 17, 2020