1000 Hour Yoga Therapy Certification
Make the commitment to yourself and become a yoga therapist learning skills to teach weekly yoga therapy classes, workshops, and develop a private clientele. Yoga North International SomaYoga Institute is honored to be one of the first schools in the world, and one of more than 20 schools to hold accreditation from the International Association of Yoga Therapist for our Yoga Therapy Program.
This program takes place at our studio in Duluth, Minnesota. The program includes five separate intensives spread over a two year period with extensive mentoring, practicum work, and online distance learning. This certification program begins after completing the Level 1/500 hour program at Yoga North ISYI (or at another qualified Level1/500 hour program) and maintaining at least one year of yoga practice and yoga teaching.
For applicants with no formal training in SomaYoga, the Bridge Program is required to establish the theory, skills and methodological understanding necessary to enter the Yoga Therapist Training.
Yoga Foundations and Philosophy
- Evolution of the teachings & philosophy of yoga
- Systems of Indian Philosophy from Vedic & post-Vedic periods
- Yoga & the Mind
- Shadow Work & the Influence of Culture
Biomedical and Psychological Foundations
- Stress Patterns & Somatic Interventions
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Psychology & Mental Health
- Human Development & Life Cycles
- Development/Evolution of Disease & Healing
Teaching and Therapeutic Skills
- Developing Therapeutic Relationships
- Client/Student Assessments
- Evaluations and Therapy Strategies
- Principles and Skills for Working with Individuals and Groups
- Ethical Principles of Teaching
- Legal, Regulatory and Business Issues Pertaining to Yoga Therapy
- Relationships with Peers, Mentors, Clinicians and Organizations
- Personal/Professional Development
Your Mentor Program
- Designed to enable you to collaborate with seasoned professionals as you develop your clinical skills.
- You will check in with your mentor at scheduled times between intensives to provide the assistance you need throughout your training process.
Your Practicum Course
- Each student will be supported to complete 150 hours of one on one yoga therapy sessions.
- Students will become proficient at client assessment, evaluation, treatment and documentation.
- Documentation will be written, audio and video to be reviewed by mentor.
- Candidates for this program need to have access to and proficiency with a computer.
If you are interested in enrolling for the Yoga Therapy Certification program and need the Bridge Program as a pre-requisite, please contact the office.
Bridge Program will be tailor made to the student with distance learning, private session and varied teaching. SomaYoga Therapy and Somatics Intensive and Clinical Techniques is required plus additional work.
Graduates of Yoga North’s TT500 are not required to take Bridge Program.
The Bridge Program includes the SomaYoga Therapy & Somatics Intensive and Clinical Techniques.
Call the office to arrange a bridge program to suit your needs.
The yoga therapy components of our certification programs are based on our accreditation through the International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT), not derived from our status as an RYS® with Yoga Alliance Registry.