Online SomaYoga Open Classes
Step 1: Register for an open enrollment class, held live via Zoom
Step 2: Set Zoom up on the device of your choice (see ‘How To Sign Up‘ section below Class Schedule Calendar)
Step 3: Access the Zoom link in one of three ways: 1) below the Class Schedule Calendar, see ‘SomaYoga Online Class Links‘; 2) click on the class description in the Class Schedule Calendar or 3) in the Facebook Event for the class
Step 4: Click the Zoom link and join us on the mat—give us a call at 218-722-9642 if you have questions!
SomaYoga Online Class Links
Yoga North IYSI is committed to providing classes to support the well-being of our community during this time of uncertainty. Our new schedule has been designed to create an opportunity daily, Monday through Friday to connect to each other, use the tools of yoga for our whole-being well-being, and create practices for sustainability. All classes are Central Time.
- Monday 5:30-6:45pm | SomaYasa | Sarah Hurst
Click to Join (please register first)| Meeting ID: 846 9941 3362 | Passcode: 663758
- Tuesday 9:30–10:45am | SomaYoga for Pain & Stress Reduction followed by Satsanga | Lynda Parella
Click to Join (please register first) | Meeting ID: 850 3404 8410 | Passcode: 747526
- Tuesday 6:00pm–7:15 pm | Yoga of 12 Step Recovery (Y12SR) | Lois Opseth & RaeJean Bergner
Click to Join (please register first) | Meeting ID: 862 444 885 | Password: 258288
- Wednesday 5:30–6:45pm | SomaYoga | Carla Egge
Click to Join (please register first) | Meeting ID: 886 2718 8133 | Passcode: 707477
- Thursday 9:30–10:45am | SomaYoga followed by Satsanga | Ann Maxwell
Click to Join (please register first) | Meeting ID: 847 8002 3295 | Passcode: 001824
- Friday 11am–12:15pm | Gentle Chair SomaYoga | Robin Davidson alternating with Sarah Hurst
Click to Join (please register first) | Meeting ID: 365 158 984 | Passcode: 77683
- Friday 5:30–6:45pm | Yin: Strong & Stretchy | Sept. 11–Oct. 16 | Sara Duke
Click to Join (please register first) | Meeting ID: 853 2868 4800 | Passcode: 377528
How To Sign Up
Morning classes on Tuesday and Thursday will be followed by an opportunity for discussion and connection in Satsanga. Several evening classes will be finished with deep relaxation, Yoga Nidra, or silent meditation.
Step 1: Go to Class Schedule, Sign up and Contribute
Please contribute what you can for online classes.
The following options are available:
- I Support Yoga North: $5–$50
- Regular class pricing and punch cards
Step 2 – Get Technology Set-Up and Join us Online
Download the Zoom Cloud Meeting app on your device from your App Store, or open a web browser and access the hyperlink from our Facebook page, our email, or website. Zoom is available for phones, tablets, and computers. In order to keep the connection accessible, each weekly class will use the same Zoom meeting number and link from week to week.
Best Practices for Online Classes
- Add class to your calendar – Set an alarm 15-10 mins before class to allow time to get set up. We suggest that you come 5 minutes early to class to get settled, just like an in-person yoga class.
- All people in your household are welcome to join, so invite them, or ask for a quiet space if you are the only one attending the online class.
- Find a clear spot to set yourself up. Common props we might use include a chair, a wall, yoga mat, blanket, a spinal strip if you have one, or a rolled-up towel or folded blanket. A blanket, bolster or eye pillow can be helpful for Savasana.
- Consider lighting a candle, or doing something to help create sacred space.
- Mute & Video Sharing – You can mute yourself and “stop your video” from the bottom left corner of your own video square so that others can’t see you while you are doing the practice. We will ask all to stay muted during practice so we don’t hear talking, phones ringing, dogs barking etc.
- Save questions for the end and we’d love to chat with you and connect socially! Then click on Gallery View in top right corner to see all the faces. Each person can unmute one at a time to speak their comments.
- Drink water and stay hydrated
Yoga Classes in Duluth
Yoga North provides classes in a variety of styles including Somatics, SomaYoga, Therapeutic yoga, Restorative, Ayurveda and more. In addition, our Studio offers a number of specialized classes and workshops on yogic thought and eastern philosophy.
With a variety of weekly classes and over a dozen instructors, there is a class to serve everyone—from pain resolution to athletic performance. Current and future students can learn about pricing information as well as upcoming classes now held online.
Private Yoga Instruction
Yoga North also offers private yoga instruction for individuals and small groups. Private sessions include SomaYoga Therapy, Yoga, Somatics, Ayurveda consultation, and Reiki. Learn more: Private Sessions