Tutorial for new booking software "Momence"
How To Sign Up
Step 1: Go to Class Schedule, Choose Payment Option & Register for class
Go to the schedule section of https://www.yoganorthduluth.com/classes and click on the “Book Now” button. Take note of WHERE the class will be held. We currently have several “in person” locations as well as a livestream option on Zoom.
The following payment options are available:
- Single class booking $18, or $15 discount rate on your account
- DEALS: a class “Pack” also called a “Membership” – click on these links for a 5 class pass or 10 class pass
(If you purchase a 5 or 10 class pass, it will remain on your account to use for the next booking.) The 5 class pass has a 3 month expiration date and the 10 class pass has a 6 month expiration date. Practice SomaYoga regularly with us!
- If you are a senior 60 years or older, a current high school or college student, current or retired military, or an alumni of one of Yoga North’s teacher training programs, you can have a discount price rule applied to your account. Please contact the Yoga North office 218-722-9642 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with this.
Step 2: Show up in the right place and time
We currently have several “in person” locations as well as a livestream option on Zoom. One hour in advance you will receive an automatic email reminder of the class title and location for the class space you reserved.
If you will join us on a livestream class, each weekly class will use the same Zoom meeting number and link from week to week in order to keep these simple and accessible. Access the Zoom link in one of three ways:
- On the yoganorthduluth.com/classes page, below the Class Schedule Calendar, scroll down to the bulleted list of the class days and times and click on the link which says “Click to join”; OR
- One hour before the class, the Zoom link will be emailed out to all registered participants.
Step 3: Arrive in person, or click the Zoom link and Join Us on the Mat!
If you arrive early on Zoom, you’ll be in a waiting room until the teacher is ready to let everyone in. You can even come late and no one will be bothered by any disturbances in Zoom, so come on in!
Give us a call at 218-722-9642 if you have questions.
Best Practices for Online Classes
- Add class to your calendar – Set an alarm 15-10 mins before class to allow time to get set up. We suggest that you come 5 minutes early to class to get settled, just like an in-person yoga class.
- All people in your household are welcome to join, so invite them, or ask for a quiet space if you are the only one attending the online class.
- Find a clear spot to set yourself up. Common props we might use include a chair, a wall, yoga mat, blanket, a spinal strip if you have one, or a rolled-up towel or folded blanket. A blanket, bolster or eye pillow can be helpful for Savasana.
- Consider lighting a candle, or doing something to help create sacred space.
- Mute & Video Sharing – You can mute yourself and “stop your video” from the bottom left corner of your own video square so that others can’t see you while you are doing the practice. We will ask all to stay muted during practice so we don’t hear talking, phones ringing, dogs barking etc.
- Save questions for the end and we’d love to chat with you and connect socially! Then click on Gallery View in top right corner to see all the faces. Each person can unmute one at a time to speak their comments.
- Drink water and stay hydrated
SomaYoga Online Class Links
Yoga North IYSI is committed to providing classes to support the well-being of our community during this time of uncertainty. Tuesday through Friday, participants have the opportunity to connect with each other and use the tools of yoga for whole-being well-being.
Wednesday 10:30–11:45am | Gentle Yoga for Seniors & for Those with Neuromuscular Issues | Lynda Parrella
Click to Join (please register first) | Meeting ID: 875 3599 5028 | Passcode: 718837
Thursday 9:30–10:45am | SomaYoga followed by Satsanga | Ann Maxwell
Click to Join (please register first) | Meeting ID: 847 8002 3295 | Passcode: 001824
Friday 9am–10:15am | Stronger!—Hybrid Class | Offered ONLINE and IN STUDIO | Teri Sanders
Yoga Classes in Duluth
Yoga North provides classes in a variety of styles including Somatics, SomaYoga, Therapeutic Yoga, Restorative Yoga, Ayurveda and more. In addition, our studio offers a number of specialized classes and workshops on yogic thought and Eastern philosophy.
With a variety of weekly classes and over a dozen instructors, there is a class to serve everyone, whether to resolve pain or to improve athletic performance. Current and future students can learn about pricing information and upcoming classes, online or by contacting Susan at
Regarding COVID, and Delta, Omicron or other variants, we will be following CDC guidelines.
As we all know, things can change quickly with COVID, so we appreciate all our students’ willingness to be flexible and cautious for the sake of the community.
Private Yoga Instruction
Yoga North also offers private yoga instruction for individuals and small groups in the areas of SomaYoga therapy, which includes somatics, classic yoga, and Ayurveda.