SomaYoga Approach to Classic Asana Part I in Duluth
Yoga Sutra 2.46 Sthira Sukham Asanam
The posture should be steady and comfortable.
Do you feel like your yoga poses are hurting you?
Learn how to use good biomechanics in asanas to cultivate and maintain steady ease in yoga asanas. (postures).
Yoga North International SomaYoga Institute is known for the methodology of SomaYoga- a unique blending of Somatics and Therapeutic Yoga, and applying these principles and methodology to classic asanas.
We will learn about the anatomical planes of movement (coronal, sagittal, and transverse), why they are important, and how to apply this knowledge and SomaYoga methodology so that your own practice and students practice can flourish with ease
The focus on part one will be on flexion and extension of the joints and the movement patterns involved.
Perfect for yoga teachers who want to:
- teach students how to safely teach poses for individuals anatomical brilliance
- teach students how to come out of compensation
- deepen your personal practice and understanding of poses
- teach a more therapeutic aspect of asanas
- teach asanas to many levels and abilities of students
- cue poses from the center out
Sept. 29th & 30th
$230 before Aug. 29th, $245 after
10% discount to Yoga North ISYI alumni
*To receive the alumni discount call the Yoga North office directly. Discounts must be applied at the time of purchase and can not be given retro-actively.