+350/500 Hour/Level I Yoga Therapy
Yoga North International SomaYoga Institute uses unique techniques based on the Yamas & Niyamas and a progressive approach to classic yoga using somatics, therapeutic yoga and bridging these techniques back to classic postures/asana. This +300/500 hour teacher training program begins after completing a 200 hour program at Yoga North ISYI or another qualified yoga studio. Once you have gained “the essentials” from your 200 hour training, you are invited to deepen your study with advancing the areas of study in body, breath, mind, and philosophy. The course consists of intensive weekends, one per month with additional home study, practicum work and a mentorship program. Final weekend of the training will iclude retreat time.
For Your Body
We progress your body awareness in both your personal practice and your teaching.
- Advanced Somatic Movement Education
- Methodology of Teaching
- Supporting Private Clientele
- Increasing Core Stability and Awarenes
- Functioning Backbends
- Introduction to Neuroanatomy
- Ayurvedic Lifestyle and Practices
- In-depth Anatomy and Physiology
- Postural Analysis
- Yoga & Therapy
- In-depth exploration of Classic Asana
- Aligning the Subtle Body
- Pre-Inversions & Inversions
- For Your Breath
We dive deeper into the power, complexity, and subtlety of your breath.
- Advanced Breath Practices & Bandhas
- Agni Sara & Nauli
- Yogic Breath
For Your Life
We explore the philosophy and sacred texts of yoga.
These teachings ground you in the history of yoga for your practice in everyday living and teaching.
- The History and Evolution of Yoga
- Wisdom of the Vedas and the Upanishads
- The Bhagavad-Gita
- The Yoga Sutra
- Wisdom of Tantra
- Business Ethics
- A History of Gurus, Teachings & Traditions
- Silence & Stillness
- Teaching Meditation
- Polarity Mapping and Shadow
- Samkhya Creation
The yoga therapy components of our certification programs are based on our accreditation through the International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT), not derived from our status as an RYS® with Yoga Alliance Registry.